x1Alexander Marshall   
 x2James Grant Yellow Card 
 x3Cameron Dickson   
 x4Dominic McLaren Yellow Card 
 x5Dominic Paul Slattery   
 x6Graeme Holmes   
Off86x7Stephen O'NeilScorerYellow Card 
Off94x8Craig Murray   
Off58x9Owen Andrew   
 x10Sean WinterScorer  
 x11Shaun Brown   
On58 12Ewan MacPherson   
  13Reece Murdoch   
On86 14Daniel Hatfield   
On94 15Aidan Laverty   
  16Lee Whitmore   
  17Richard Kirwan   
  18Dominic McLaughlin   

30/10/2021  |  League

Celtic B   2  v  2  Cumbernauld Colts

After the teams faced each other on Monday night at Broadwood, the two teams faced each other at the Penny Cars stadium for Celtic's home tie. The game got off to a fast pace on the slick AstroTurf with both teams creating good chances. After the 10 minute mark, Celtic were the team to get off to a better start through Rocco Vata, who made his way to the 6-yard box before smashing the ball past Marshall in the Colts goal. Although Celtic got the early goal, this didn't phase the Colts team who kept composed and played good football.

The Colts looked dangerous going down the wings, especially through captain Stephen O'Neill who was back in for this game after suspension. But Celtic went into the break with a one-goal lead.
HT Celtic B 1-0 Cumbernauld Colts

Just before the hour mark, the Colts substitute Ewan MacPherson who had the ability to run at the Celtic back line with a fast press. This got the Colts into dangerous positions for the Celtic defense to deal with.
Colts pressure paid off when they were awarded a free-kick at the edge of the box following a run behind the defense. Stephen O'Neill's driven free kick seemed to catch out the Celtic goalkeeper who scrambled with the ball even though it was over the line, to ensure the goal Dominic McLaren stepped up to smash the ball home to remove any doubt.

Celtic managed to find a second through a Dominic Slattery own goal. A ball in from Bruno Davidson on the right connected with the back of Slattery's head leaving Marshall with no chance of keeping the ball out.
The Celtic lead would only last a mere 50 seconds as Colts managed to score straight from kick off! From the kick-off a defense splitting pass by Holmes found O'Neill breaking down the left who whipped the ball into the box which was met be the onrushing Sean Winter who managed to nicely tuck the ball past Mullen in the Celtic goal.

Colts continued to dominate possession and kept on attacking creating a couple good opportunities with Graeme Holmes and Danny Hatfield both coming close. Celtic were also reduced to 10 men after captain Lawal was sent off for his second bookable offence.

A final blow would come for the Colts though as injury struck midfielder Craig Murray. After putting in a challenge, Murray dislocated his shoulder on landing and was replaced by Aiden Laverty.

FT Celtic B 2-2 Cumbernauld Colts

Another positive result for the Colts who were very unlucky to not come out of the game with three points. This sets the team up well for Saturday's matchup against the Caledonian Braves.