x1Kenny Giles   
Off79x2Blair Bateman (u20)   
 x3Ryan Milne (u20)   
 x4Danny McAlistair (u20)Scorer  
 x5Mark Anthony Byrne (u20)   
 x6Ryan Flannigan (u20)   
 x7Dylan O’Hagan (u20)   
 x8Jeff Fergus   
 x9Fraser SheridanScorer  
 x10Andy McNee (u20)   
 x11Conor McAteer (u20)   
On79 12Josh Devine (u20)   

05/04/2016  |  League

Caledonian Braves   3  v  2  Cumbernauld Colts

Colts travelled to Edinburgh for this mid week league clash against a strong Edusport side currently sitting in second place in the league.

The Cumbernauld youngsters fresh from their 4-0 victory against their opponents three days earlier started the game brightly and dominated much of the early possession. Unfortunately as has been their downfall on many occasions this season, they failed to capitalise on numerous chances, with McNee, McAtear and O'Hagan squandering excellent opportunities to put the New Town side in front.

As luck would have, Edusport went in front when a mix up between Giles and Milne allowed the ball to break free and Edusport where gifted the opening goal.

Colts hit back directly and an excellent free kick move saw Fergus slide an inch perfect free diagonally across goal where it found McAllistair and the defender showed his attacking team mates how to tuck opportunities away.

Just as it looked as if the teams would go in even at the break, slack marking saw Sheridan fail to match a run of a Edusport midfielder into the box and the Colts lost another soft goal.

Half time 2-1

Colts dominated the majority of the play in the second half but appeared tired and lacked any real penetration in their play. They probed the home defence but too many passes went astray and they created little in front of goal.

Almost inevitably, Edusport caught them on the break and when McNee lost his man on the right side, the home side went further in front.

The Cumbernauld youngsters continued to work away and their endeavours were rewarded in the 88th minute when they were awarded a penalty which Sheridan converted to bring the deficit back to a single goal but there was not enough time on the clock to find an equaliser.

Full time 3-2.

A disappointing result for the youngsters and another harsh lesson on missed chances. They had numerous good chances in the first half to put themselves well in front and were punished later for silly mistakes.

One bright spot was the introduction of Mitchell Taylor from the U17s and young Luke Scullion from the U16s who made appearances from the bench and both acquitted themselves well.